It is the policy of Hearn Trucking LLC to provide a safe and healthful work environment for employees at every level through the awareness and prevention of occupational injuries and illnesses.
- All drivers are required to wear safety gear on all locations: hard hats, steel toed boots, flame retardant coveralls, safety glasses and ear plugs.
- All Hearn Trucking, LLC trucks carry regulation fire extinguishers, chalk blocks, hazard cones.
- All drivers are trained to suspend use of all communication devices (cell phones, CB radios, etc.) while driving and all drivers are trained to observe the safety requirements on every location that we service.
- Routine safety and health inspections to identify and eliminate unsafe working conditions or practices and control health hazards.
- Safety and health training for all new and existing personnel.
- Provisions for mechanical and physical safeguards to the maximum extent possible.
- Safety and health policies, requiring our employees to comply with these policies.
- Provisions for a thorough and prompt investigation of every accident to determine its cause, correct the problem, and reduce the likelihood of it happening again.
The objective of Hearn Trucking LLC’s Safety and Health Program is to reduce work-related injuries and illnesses and to promote safety and health in every task undertaken by employees on behalf of the company. To this end, our Safety and Health Program will include:
Safety Training Program
Hearn Trucking LLC, has a continual training program. All new employees will go through an orientation program that covers all company policies and procedures, as well as the required training.
The safety plan is included in a very comprehensive driver manual. The company holds quarterly safety meetings, which are designed to promote continual training in all aspects of the industry.
The company uses weekly payroll stuffers and newsletters published periodically.
The disciplinary policy is contained in the driver’s manual and the company does utilize a check-ride system for training and evaluation of the company drivers.
Although the company hauls a very small percentage of hazardous materials, drivers and company employees have been trained as required by law.
Training is held throughout the year to assure that all employees who specifically deal with accidents fully understand his/her responsibilities as outlined in the company’s policies.
Full internal audits are conducted on a continuous basis verifying fuel audits, haz-mat audits, random drug screen audits, D.O.T. inspection report audits, and hours of service audits on all logs received from drivers.